Operational Range Sustainment
Operational ranges and training areas are essential assets for the military to effectively train for its mission. HL’s Operational Range Sustainment Services assist DoD and installation commanders to manage their ranges and training areas as a valuable renewable resource.
HL understands the need to maintain the operational viability of individual ranges and major range complexes. Our staff has extensive experience in performing operational range clearance activities around active training schedules, to minimize impacts to the installation and the readiness of our Military Forces. Operational range assessments and encroachment studies provide a pro-active approach to determining best management practices and the management of ranges. When coupled with recurring range clearances and target renewal efforts, the end result is reduced risk to human health and the environment. HL additionally provides munitions and explosives of concern (MEC) support for range refurbishment and construction projects.
Range Sustainability Capabilities
- Operational Range Assessments
- Operational Range Clearance
- Munitions Constituents Sampling and Analysis
- Range Encroachment Studies and Analysis
- Management and final disposition of Material Potentially Presenting an Explosive Hazard (MPPEH), to include munitions scrap, targets/target scrap, and other range residues
- Range Management and Maintenance Support services, including target removal/disposal and/or target replacement/refurbishment
- Range Clearance and Maintenance Service contracts